USB drive is a device used to transfer data. These drives contain no moving parts which make USB drives mechanically robust. It weighs much lower than 30GB so it can be easily used as a portable storage device. It also occupies less space. USB drives are removable and rewritable. It operates on old technologies like EPROM and EEPROM. Its primary usage is to manipulate data and to store data like all drives. Since it is very small in size and of less weight, it is preferred by most of the people. By 2011, even USB drives with 256GB have been present in the market.
In the fast moving world, USB drives are used to manipulate, to store and to transfer data. Imagine you were working on a project for so many months to get the result that you are supposed to present to your boss. After completing the part of the project, you have transferred all those files using CUT and PASTE options to your USB drive. But, you find that there are some junk files that you want to delete. So, you started deleting those unwanted files. After sometime, you realized that you have deleted few files that are related to your project too! Without those files, you cannot even run the project!!! Now, how to recover deleted files from usb drive Mac??? Since the data is deleted directly from the USB drive itself, it does not go to Trash as it bypasses the Trash. You would feel like you cannot get back the data since you have accidently deleted that from USB drive.
However, don't worry!!! Though it is logically deleted from the USB, still there are chances of recovering those files back. This is because, the files that are deleted from USB drive are not permanently gone. When you delete the files, only index pointing to the location of the file is deleted. Physically, the file still exists on your USB drive. Such files can be recovered using some unique software like Mac Deleted File Recovery Software. This software can easily retrieve data like text files, photo files, audio files, video files etc. It supports about Â 300Â different file formats. This software can be used to restore files on OS X Lion, Snow Leopard, etc.
Features of the Mac Deleted File Recovery Software:
- You can preview the data using Mac finder styled interface before actually restoring it on your storage device
- Recover deleted images from memory card due to reasons like accidental deletion of photos, indecent utilization of the digital camera and virus attacks.
- It supports to recover deleted files from usb drive Mac oriented file systems such as systems like HFSX and HFS+
- It also has the ability to recover deleted data from various brands of USB drives like Transcend, SanDisk, HP, Lexar etc.
- It has the ability to add or edit new signatures for files that are not listed
- This tool can also recover deleted MOV files on Mac from USB drive on various versions of Mac OS X like Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Yosemite, Snow Leopard, Lion, etc.
- To search a specific file in recovered data you can use "Find Tool" option
- It can also search and recover deleted files from flash drive with ease.
Steps to recover deleted files from USB drive Mac:
Step 1: Download Mac Recover Deleted File Software and launch it
Fig 1 : Main Screen
Step 2: select the option "Recover files" from the main screen and then select "Recover Deleted Files" option from the next screen
Fig 2 : Recovery Mode Selection Window
Step 3: select the USB drive now and then click on "Next" button to start the data recovery process. Once the process is over, view the recovered files using Preview option
Fig 3 : Preview Session