External Hard drive is used to transfer, store and backup data. It can store large sized files and also provides quick access to the files stored in it. External hard drive is mostly used to store all your important files which you want keep for backup from system. You can easily transfer the important files with the help of External HD from one system to another. External Hard drives mostly stores all your important files including personal files, audios, videos and photos, etc. But sometimes you may lose files from external hard drive due to some reasons like accidental deletion or formatting. When you connect your hard drive to system to transfer files it may happen that your files may get accidentally deleted or lost due to diverse cause like formatting, corruption, virus attack etc.
Some of the most common reasons to lose files from External HD are:
- Accidental Deletion: While creating space on your external HD by deleting some unwanted files, you may mistakenly delete important files or folders in spite of unwanted files. However, by using this recovery tool you can easily recover files from external HD in few easy steps.
- Unintentional formatting: Unintentionally formatting of external hard drive while formatting some other drive results in deletion of all the files and folders stored in it.
- File system corruption: File system of your external hard drive stores all the file related information. If a harmful malware or virus infects the file system of hard drive then all the files stored in the hard drive get deleted.
- Disk Crash: Hard drive may get crashed due to virus infection, power failure or bad sector. A crashed hard drive cannot be accessed and it results in loss of all important files stored on it.
- Power Failure: If there is a power failure while transferring files from hard drive to system then also the files get deleted from hard drive. So it is always recommended to keep a constant power supply so as to avoid such situations.
Losing files from external HD due to any reason is always painful and needs to be recovered. To avoid such condition you should always try to keep multiple copies of important files on more than one storage device. If you have also lost your important files due to any reason stated or more then all you need is Mac Recover Deleted File software. This file recovery software is considered as an appropriate data recovery tool that solves your query on how to recover files from external HD quite easily in few steps. This software lets you know how to recover files from external drive under all data loss or deletion scenarios. It has potential of recovering all types of files including text, pictures, audio, video, etc using its special file signature search feature. It deeply scans the hard drive and recovers all the deleted or lost files. With the help of this software all types of files lost due to human errors, virus attacks, changing file systems, accidentally emptying Trash etc can be recovered with in few simple steps. It can not only restore files from external hard drive but can also undelete files SD card Mac computers and also supports other storage drives such as XD, MMC, Memory Sticks, USB external drives, FireWire drives, etc. It recovers all types of files from internal as well as external storage devices with ease. You can download and try the trial version of this external hard disk recovery software to recover files from external HD and evaluate the software before purchasing. If you feel satisfied with the result you can buy the software and get back files from external HD within few clicks.
You can recover files from External HD by following simple steps given below:
Step 1: Download and install software on Mac computer and connect the external HD to recover files. Run the software and select "Recover Files" option.
Fig 1 : Main Screen
Step 2: Select "Recover Deleted Files" or "Recover Lost Files" option from the next window. Select the drive from which the files are deleted or lost. Scan for particular file types or all the files in the list of the software wizard. After scanning, preview the files and save those on the Mac system.
Fig 2 : Preview Window